: Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 11:17 PM.
- I had an unpleasant thought as I was switching between my real account and a test account on my world outline server.
- What if I get confused, or if the software should have a bug, and somehow I lost my entire world outline. I could just picture it.
- I've had failures like that quite a few times over the years. And inevitably you have to try to type it all back in from memory. But as the outline develops, that becomes more of a problem.
- So I decided now, before it happens, let's get a solid backup flow coming out of worldOutline.root.
- There's a new global pref, in config.worldOutline.prefs.flBackupOutlines, defaults true.
- If it's true, we maintain a folder for each user, in the S3 archive, organized by year, month and date, with snapshots of their outline each time it's saved. The backups are named 001.opml, 002.opml and so on.